[html5] Basic question on some html5 tags

Aen Tan hello at aentan.com
Mon Feb 27 03:51:19 PST 2012

It's more for correctness / semantics. Like calling the two pieces of rubber you wear on your feet flip flops instead of rubber. As for their usefulness, I don't really see any. SEO? How about focusing on user experience and making a useful product? Also to get them to work in older browsers you need workarounds like Modernizr which adds extra kilobytes.

I still use DIVs and don't see myself using HTML5 elements any soon.

Aen Tan
Create and share mockups with Mocku.ps.
Subscribe to The Mockingbird for product news and design tips.