[html5] Could HTML5 apps replace Desktop apps?

Stefano Gargiulo rastrano at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:33:39 PDT 2012

This is a conceptual question.

I think that as in any engineering/sience branch, if you define a "standard
language" you get power and knowledge diffusion.

I IT this is not yet defined. so why not, let's try to make js the de facto
standard for all the IT....

hope is here:

http://appjs.org/
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-river-trail/

but there will be a little battle with android java (i think it will end up
in domotics) and objectiveC

Windows is already going to support natively js/html5 with Windows8 apps