[html5] W3C doc links? Shortcut urls?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 10:58:01 PDT 2013

Hi Jonathan! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Jonathan Chetwynd <jay at peepo.com> wrote:
> nice catch, dont believe W3 do.
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-painting-fill-01-t.html
> is as close as I know of...

Good to know, thanks!

> bear in mind, w3 maybe more complex than php, and there are certainly
> conflicts, where the same word is used by different groups and has different
> meanings,
> even if only due to the differing context; and of course resolution of such
> conflicts is further work....

Great points. I had not thought of that.

> perhaps on a per group basis?
> as in
> w3.org/html5/week
> or
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/full-painting-fill-01-t.html

The first example you give would be pretty useful. :)

The second example is good too. Personally, I've never been a huge fan
of mixed-case URLs ... Fortunately, it looks like:

<http://w3.org/graphics/svg/test/20061213/htmlobjectharness/full-painting-fill-01-t.html>

... the url gets resolved to the proper casing:

<http://w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-painting-fill-01-t.html>

In terms of the whatwg.org specs, here's a link:

<http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/states-of-the-type-attribute.html#week-state-(type=week)>

This is a cool shortcut way of getting to stuff:

<http://whatwg.org/c/#week-state-(type=week)>

It's too bad the page is pretty slow to load, otherwise that's be
almost perfect. :)

Hmmm, I don't see a shortcut link for the full page version on w3.org,
just this:

<http://w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/single-page.html>

This works though:

<http://w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/#week-state-(type=week)>

That's not a bad one! Though, I would imagine that the Editor's Draft
would be subject to a lot more changes than other, more stable,
versions of the specs?

> none the less, it's worth filing an enhancement request.

Do you happen to know how I would go about that?

Thanks again Jonathan!

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Micky