[html5] the limit of lists?

cat catsoul at thinkplan.org
Fri Aug 29 09:57:30 PDT 2014

On Aug 28, 2014, at 10:46 AM, Cory Sand <yrocsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> but if one would not write a thing down on paper in list form, is that the boundary of what an <li> ought to be used for?
>
> Can you give an example of what you're thinking of here?

certainly. I personally would not write a form onto paper as though it were a list. I am grateful that putting a form into a list greatly assists me in the presentation aspects of that form, which is no trifling matter.

Yet, there are aspects OF a form which I can see as bending to what a list is, almost in the same sense that, in programming, pretty much everything could be viewed as an array..your first name is an array of the letters c, o, r and y.

Bare Knuckle reality: the current state of css and html leaves us with greatly improved, still yet lacking, tools for presentation. Lots of accepted/respected techniques are often described as hacks, tho they do work reliably.

Enough spouting from me..thank you for your answers.

cat