[html5] Using <section> and <h1> … Theoretical?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:48:03 PDT 2014

Thanks for replies Ian and Brian (and all), I appreciate it.

Good questions Brian. I don't have any answers though.

Ian, I was looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for sharing your insight.

My personal preference, for when it comes to HTML5 specs, is to follow
WHATWG first and W3C second. In general, I try to keep an open mind
about web dev, but … In the case HTML5, I feel like the WHATWG has a
better long-term and forward-thinking vision.

You know it's interesting, Steve Faulkner's opinion on the HTML5
outliner might explain why the W3C dropped <hgroup> from their spec.

I personally find <hgroup> very helpful, especially when using the
outliner. Again, I guess that's why the W3C dropped it?

Thanks again all for the help!

Cheers,
Micky