[Imps] Test cases for parsing spec

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Dec 6 11:20:20 PST 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Sam Ruby wrote:

> What I work with now is:
>
> Line 1: "<!--"
> Line 2: "Description: [1]"
> Line 3: "Expect:      [2]"
> Line 4: "-->"
> Line 5+: HTML
>
> where [1] is human readable, and [2] is computer readable.  [2] will
> likely need to be adapted anyway, so don't worry too much.  Something
> language neutral or xpath-ish would be ideal.

What I need is a description of exactly what [2] should be for any given
DOM. I don't have any descriptions. The test files are all (in my case)
exactly one line long, and so it would probably be best if there was a way
to include a bunch of tests in one file.

Note that the tests themselves can't be preceeded by a comment (I assume
the test above is intended to be passed to the test harness literally),
since many of the tests are checking how comments are handled.