[imps] Tree-construction tests format

ryan ryan at theryanking.com
Fri Oct 12 11:34:20 PDT 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 1:39 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:43:26 +0200, Thomas Broyer <t.broyer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> The format of the tests in tests6.dat doesn't follow the rules found
>> on the wiki
>> <http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Parser_tests#Tree_Construction_Tests>,
>> namely the #errors section is the last one, before the
>> #document-fragment and/or #document sections.
>>
>> Should we fix the tests6.dat file or the wiki (and thus should I fix
>> my test parser) ?
>
> I guess the way the html5lib parser is written it simply depends on
> the
> first thingie starting with "#data" and after that either #document or
> #errors is ok...  I think it makes sense to fix the testcases though
> unless everyone thinks the html5lib way of parsing is sane enough...

This would be my fault. I never read the wiki page, just reverse-
engineered the format. When it worked with html5lib I figured that
was enough. Sorry Thomas.

Given how easy it was for me to mess it up, I think we should let the
format be more flexible. Even so, I'll go ahead and fix the tests I
wrote to be in the proper format.

-ryan