[imps] Tree-construction tests format

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Sat Oct 13 06:23:58 PDT 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 21:34, ryan wrote:

> Given how easy it was for me to mess it up, I think we should let the
> format be more flexible.

I don't like making the custom format more flexible (i.e. non-
streamable). It would work nicely for languages whose design and
programming culture are ok with slurp IO, byte strings and liberal
use of heap space and regexps on bytes. However, it wouldn't be as
nice for languages like Java that promote streaming IO and don't have
flexible byte strings or byte-oriented regexps.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/