[imps] Installinmg a local copy of validator.nu

Martin Sharratt Martin.Sharratt at uwe.ac.uk
Thu Dec 1 04:31:59 PST 2011

Hi Alan

Thanks for this - it at least got the DTD's all though I'd got round the problem by downloading them at home where I don't seem to be blocked by w3.   However, I've still not managed to get a working installation.  The unpatched build script gives a 'build successful" message then eventually fails with an error:

nu.validator.servlet.VerifierServletTransaction - Will load schema: http://s.validator.nu/html5/html5full.rnc
	at org.whattf.datatype.Html5DatatypeLibrary.createDatatype(Html5DatatypeLibrary.java:134)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at org.whattf.datatype.Charset.<clinit>(Charset.java:50)

I note that the url http://s.validator.nu/html5/html5full.rnc fails with a 404 error

The patched script seems to be having  difficulty with some checksums downloading from kent.dl.sourceforge.net.  After I got round that by downloading the zipfiles directly and copying them to the dependencies directory, it again builds successfully only to fail with errors

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nu/validator/servlet/Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nu.validator.servlet.Main

I've been working on this for the best part of two weeks and seem to be getting nowhere and was coming to the conclusion that either the code or the dependencies or both were seriously broken.  Did you manage to get it working?

Regards

Martin Sharratt