[imps] Validator.nu HTTP header validation

PageRank-SEO contact at pagerank-seo.com
Mon May 30 15:14:13 PDT 2011

I've also posted this on bugzilla.validator.nu. It's bug #839.

The current HTTP header validation on Validator.nu seems too strict. While
I realize there are a vast array of meta name="" headers, there are a few
I'd like to see permitted.

These include meta tag verification for the major search engines --
name="verify-v1" for Google, name="y_key" for Yahoo, name="msvalidate.01"
for Bing. It is true, of course, that each search engine does provide
alternative means of verification, but not permitting the most widely used
means of verification is problematic. This is also true for all pages that
use name="robots", name="googlebot", name="msnbot", name="slurp", etc meta
tags rather than an external robots.txt file.

Registering geo meta tags is of assistance with mobile and local search.
These include name="geo.placename", name="geo.position", and
name="geo.region". This could also be said for the ICBM meta tag.

I'd like to see the name="copyright" meta tag registered.

In addition, I'd suggest some recognition for the SafeSurf Internet Rating
Standard. Please see http://www.safesurf.com/ssplan.htm for further
information.

Thanks.

Rob