[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0

Rene Stach rst at biba.uni-bremen.de
Tue Aug 3 04:19:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have just skimmed the Web Forms 2.0 doc at
http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/. What I saw was well
written but there is one point that I found a little bit confusing:

Reading about the "2.6. Extensions to file upload controls" I hoped for
a filesize limit that is checked at the UA side. At the very end I was
pointed to "The maxlength attribute applies to file upload controls.".
Here it wasn't clear to me if that applied to the filesize or the
filename. In the maxlength section I then found: "When specified on a
file upload control, it specifies the maximum size in bytes of each file
(not the maximum size of the sum of all the files)."

IMHO it would have been better if you say under 2.6: "The maxlength
attribute applies to file upload controls and is used to specify the
maximum size of each (either?) file in bytes." Same information and no
need to read the whole maxlength paragraph.
--
René Stach
Address: BIBA, Hochschulring 20, 28359 Bremen, Germany