[whatwg] Web Forms 3.0?

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Aug 3 08:45:01 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Matthew Raymond wrote:

> I've seen the name "Web Forms 3.0" thrown around several times. It's
> obviously a follow-up for WF2 in some way, but it's not on the WHAT WG
> Specifications page, and there doesn't appear to be any information on
> how it relates to WAML1 or WC1. There is also little explanation as to
> why features suggested for WF2 are being bumped to this future WF3
> specification.

WF2 is in feature freeze, so that experimental implementations can begin.
I'll be fixing all the problems many people have raised (thanks all!) in
the coming weeks, but other than that it should be considered done.

WF3 is the hypothetical spec that features that didn't make the WF2 cut
will be considered for. It doesn't yet exist in any meaningful sense. The
schedule for WF3 is to start work on it after WA1 is done and WF2 is
widely implemented. (Doing WF3 before we have good implementation and
real-world feedback for WF2 is pointless.)

HTH,