[whatwg] Re: Rendering Unknown Elements and IE Support

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Aug 11 06:22:18 PDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Matthew Raymond wrote:

>>   I think these extensions should be implemented as XHTML modules, as
>> specified in XHTML modularization,
>
>    I seem to remember Ian saying something about this. Perhaps he could chime
> in on this one.

I don't really understand the question. There already is a Web Forms 2
XHTML module (section A in the spec). I presume I will eventually get
around to doing that for WA1 too, once it is more stable.

Having said that, the benefit of making an XHTML module for this stuff is
only that it can then be validated easily, something that I don't consider
very important anyway.