[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

Matthew Raymond mattraymond at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 07:01:04 PDT 2004

Ian Hickson wrote:
>>3) Lack of Encapsulation
>>
>>Current solutions do not take the form of objects. Therefore, one
>>typically has to edit the source files used to create a widget in order
>>to style it. For those who may be using source they didn't write, this
>>could be disastrous for obvious reasons.
>
> Unfortunately, there is no way to style the proposed widget. However, XBL
> would be the way to do it on the long run.

    I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to style an HTML
element. True, you can't necessarily style the widget directly, since
implementation of an HTML element is largely left to vendors, but you
could certainly apply CSS properties to it, and perhaps even CSS
properties that specifically refer to tabs.