[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Fri Aug 13 07:07:05 PDT 2004

>> Unfortunately, there is no way to style the proposed widget. However,
>> XBL would be the way to do it on the long run.
>
>    I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to style an HTML element.
> True, you can't necessarily style the widget directly, since
> implementation of an HTML element is largely left to vendors, but you
> could certainly apply CSS properties to it, and perhaps even CSS
> properties that specifically refer to tabs.

If we are talking about 'xhtml:html' than I can assure you that *that*
element is certainly styleable in the better browsers.

The only special thing is the 'background' property, which gets applied
to the canvas and not to the HTML element itself.

(This is correctly implemented in at least the latest versions of Opera
and Mozilla.)

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>