[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Aug 17 09:13:25 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>> If we can't use <object> with an HTC, that means that the vast majority
>> of the computing population will not be able to use WF2 and other
>> standards without special effort on their part.
>
> So yes, you are predicating a particular implementation strategy, you're
> saying the degradation _must_ be done with HTC's?

As has been said from the very beginning, it must be possible to implement
these features in HTCs. This isn't new. We've been saying it since even
before WHATWG was announced, even.

> That's good to know, could we have this made clear in the charter Ian,
> as it certainly wasn't seen to be a requirement by me.

The charter intentionally does not mention details at that technical
level.

> I also think, it's ridiculous.  Why are HTC's the only solution?

Nobody said they were the only solution. Just that they were one of the
solutions we want to support.