[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 03:25:56 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:07:35 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

> > In any case, whether plug-ins are relevant or not to the approach, it
> > doesn't invalidate the point I was making.  The argument against OBJECT
> > so far relies on a particular DOM issue in a particular environment
> > against an assumption of a particular style of script support, that
> > should not be sufficient reason to reject it.
>
> It is sufficient.

Why?  Please explain the motivation for the decision, an open process
is not saying "it's sufficient" - Explain the decision.  So far we've
had other people say the idea is useful and should be considered, and
1 person say it's inappropriate - you, you've never justified other
than some dubious reasoning based on IE DOM properties.

Jim.