[whatwg] Save a web page

Edmund Lai edmund.lai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 08:03:33 PDT 2004

Every browser has a save page as command, however last time I looked
at opera and safari, they just save the original source, with DOM and
even more with WF2, the content is a lot more dynamic, and saving the
source won't do. Mozilla does try to save the current content, but has
bugs on it. It also does not save what you typed into the text fields.

They should fix this regardless of WF2.

However, bug fix is not sufficient because we have Javascript
variables that may have changed.

If we have a onSave event, then the application can move these
variables to some place where it will be saved when the web page is
actually being saved.