[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:14:21 PDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:53:51 +1200, Matthew Thomas <mpt at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> So we follow heuristics, based on measurements
> of more noticable things, which tell us (among other things) that
> consistency is important -- especially in "small visible structures"
> such as datepickers.
> <http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html#consistency>

Can we just make it clear that the link plays no special note that
date-pickers are particularly flawed, or inconsistent, indeed it
doesn't discuss them at all, it just re-enforces the consistency
argument.  Something I've never disagreed with, and I absolutely think
that consistency is important, that doesn't change the fact that
picking my birthday and picking the date I'm going to fly to japan are
different tasks, that need to evaluated differently.  So yes we need
consistency within those two tasks, but I don't see that consistency
between them is obvious.

Jim.