[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Matthew Raymond mattraymond at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 8 19:15:56 PDT 2004

Jim Ley wrote:
> So where we've had consistent date pickers on forms for many years
> (such as say the HP Open Skies booking page) it would be wrong to
> change to a new date picker control, since it would not be consistent
> with the current behaviour?

    You are ignoring two facts. One is that people use more sites than
just HP Open Skies, and therefore are forced to keep track of multiple
methods of inputting dates, which may lead to momentary confusion and
erroneous input. The other fact is that a user need only learn how to
use their browser's date selection control once, whereas with different
sites using different solutions, you pay the learning cost again and
again for every new custom date selection widget you run into.