poorly implemented SGML features from HTML Re: [whatwg] Re: some issues

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 05:01:38 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:58:34 -0400, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Jim Ley wrote:
> >>Anyway, I would be *extremely* surprised if a WF2 DTD were to be produced
> >>which caused valid HTML4 documents not to be valid 'HTML4 with WF2'
> >>documents. Is there any reason you seriously believe that this might be the
> >>case,
> >
> > Hixie's sensible dislike of those things in specs which were never
> > implemented, and various other things said on the list.
>
>    That doesn't make any sense. If Ian doesn't like DTDs,

The things I'm talking about are not in the DTD, they're in the SGML
declaration.

In any case you seem to be of the opionion that I'm opposed to this
change?  I'm sorry if I gave you that Idea, I'm very much in favour of
changing the SGML Declaration for WF2, it's a ridiculous situation
currently.

Jim.