[whatwg] Re: Canvas tag

Erik Arvidsson erik at eae.net
Tue Jul 13 08:18:55 PDT 2004

After some digging in the webcore source files online at
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/WWDC2004/WebCore-146.1/ I
found the following methods on the Context2D object which you get from
the canvas element

save                     Arguments 0
restore                  Arguments 0
scale                    Arguments 2
rotate                   Arguments 2
translate                Arguments 1
beginPath                Arguments 0
closePath                Arguments 0
setStrokeColor           Arguments 1
setFillColor             Arguments 1
setLineWidth             Arguments 1
setLineCap               Arguments 1
setLineJoin              Arguments 1
setMiterLimit            Arguments 1
fillPath                 Arguments 0
strokePath               Arguments 0
moveToPoint              Arguments 2
addLineToPoint           Arguments 2
addQuadraticCurveToPoint Arguments 4
addBezierCurveToPoint    Arguments 6
addArcToPoint            Arguments 5
addArc                   Arguments 6
addRect                  Arguments 4
clip                     Arguments 0
clearRect                Arguments 4
fillRect                 Arguments 4
strokeRect               Arguments 4
drawImage                Arguments 6
drawImageFromRect        Arguments 10
setShadow                Arguments 3
clearShadow              Arguments 0
setAlpha                 Arguments 1
setCompositeOperation    Arguments 1

See
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/WWDC2004/WebCore-146.1/khtml/ecma/kjs_html.cpp
for complete source code.

This looks pretty good and seems very useful. One thing that struck me
as wrong was that the colors could not be provided as HSB which is
supported by CSS3 so it would make sense to allow that as well.

erik