[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

Kai Hendry hendry at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Jul 25 03:12:59 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:23:00AM +0100, Jim Ley wrote:
> No, fix it is an option surely?  I don't see the point of having a
> spec that's partially designed to fix the broken parts of HTML 4, but
> simply doesn't bother.

I think Web Forms is extending HTML4.

> > Btw can you suggest a mobile UA modifier key?
> how about the Abc modifier key (a 6th entry on the rotation that leads
> to accesskey) might not be ideal, alternatively you can have it on a
> menu, it's still a shortcut to navigating through anything.

Quite good, but accesskeys are commonly used to bind a key [1-9] to
complement the ordered lists of a menu on mobiles. This is so common
that an author must find it tedious to markup all the time. It is best
done by the UA (e.g. slight modification of type ahead find).

I find it difficult enough to get the right insert mode on my mobile for
capital letters. What about people like my parents who would have even
more trouble selecting the modifier key. :)

Didn't you like the macro UA-based idea?