[whatwg] a few comments to Webforms 2.0 Call For Comments

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Fri Jul 30 05:49:13 PDT 2004

Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

> I think that every control should have some defined value always (even
> if that value *means* undefined) and UI should allow user to return a
> control to that state even after there was some other value in between.

It makes UI sense that the user should be able to undo any input. OTOH I
like the ability to have a radiogroup in an initial state where no
option is selected. A solution could be to define that radiogroups are
*always* required. In that case there is no *valid* state that the user
cannot return to. If the author wants "no selection" to be valid input,
then it should be expressed as an seperate option like "(o) None of the
above".

Olav Junker Kjær