[whatwg] about rich internat applications

Didier PH Martin martind at netfolder.com
Tue Jun 8 10:24:17 PDT 2004

Hi Brad,

> One possibility might be to transform the web app specs on the serverside
> into something that IE 6 can run, rather than attempt to create an
> emulation layer on the client side, which could be buggy and slow.  We
> could release opensource modules that do this for many of the popular
> server side systems, such as a set of JSP taglibs for JSP, tags for PHP,
> etc.  We could also release a good set of unit tests to ensure that what
> is
> generated is consistent across the different implementations.

If you are using template technologies to do the mapping on the server side
no problems (except probably the increased dev. costs). Howver if like us
use XML transformation on the client side you create your code from the
transformation process and do not want to write two stylesheets and increase
your costs. Guess why we have this massive outsourcing problem right now....

Cheers
Didier PH Martin