[whatwg] Loading custom XML UI definitions from an external file

Preston St. Pierre webmaster at aparadine.com
Wed Jun 9 09:07:58 PDT 2004

> Has anyone experimented with loading an XML file containing custom
> user interface definitions from an external XML file using JavaScript,
> then parsing that file and using it to create the interface itself
> using the HTML DOM? Kind of like a client-side XUL implementation. The
> XML document containing the XUL (or similar interface language) would
> be loaded using XMLHTTP (IE or Mozilla version).

You know, I have to say this is going in a very javascript-y direction. I don't know about all of you, but losing the user base that has javascript disabled just isn't a possibility. I, as a developer, would not use this language were it based on javascript. Javascript is good for non-essential things only.