[whatwg] about rich internat applications

Didier PH Martin martind at netfolder.com
Wed Jun 9 12:30:32 PDT 2004

Hi Ian,

> > a) a domain model is encoded into a domain model language based on XML
> and
>
> ...XHTML...

I meant here more a language to express a domain model like xmlfx, rdf,
etc... more data than document. Even for document, I meant more stuff like
ATA2100 etc...

> > sent (with a layout definition)
>
> ...stylesheet...

This is what I do today (XSLT) but I am exploring other ways to define a la
xform a web app layout linked (bind) to my xml model

> A list of exactly what it is you need would be really useful for this
> list to work from.

Yes, for the moment:
a) menu tool sitting at the top of the window (like the ones found in
desktops).
b) a context menu (triggered by a right mouse click)
c) a toolbar
d) a status bar

In summary, the basic controls I have in a windowed application on modern
desktops, add to this the form controls provided by xform2.

This is why I linked to an application sample showing the elements in
contexts. The content to be edited is an XML model (just ask for a source
over the editable document) and the widgets used to edit it are a menu bar
and a toolbar. (ref: http://netfolder.com/pdml/webtop/HTML%20Editor ).

So as a start: menu bar and toolbar. I am willing to do the javascript code
for the prototype.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin