[whatwg] Loading custom XML UI definitions from an external file

"Nelson Rodríguez-Peña A." nelson at webstudio.cl
Wed Jun 9 12:47:40 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,

Jose Dinuncio wrote:
> 'javascript=off' shouldn't be a concern in this list.

I've been following this thread and I'm concerned about one issue:
what about accessibility? are we all aware that this is a legal (if not
ethical) requirement for a lot of sites/countries? I'm pretty sure a Web
App is digital content, and as such it should be accessible for it to be
accepted in government environments. I'm referring particularly to this:

<quote>
6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other
programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not
possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative accessible
page. [Priority 1]
</quote>

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#tech-scripts
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/#tech-scripts

I'm not trying to put an obstacle, I just think this is something to be
considered.

--

regards,

   Nelson Rodríguez-Peña A.