[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 (WD 16 June 2004): DOCTYPEs

Dave Hodder dmh at dmh.org.uk
Thu Jun 17 10:49:22 PDT 2004

Anne van Kesteren (fora) wrote:

> It extends XHTML 1.0 as well.

Point taken.

> Since XHTML 1.1 is based on the
> modularization, I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to extend it in
> this way.

Perhaps I misunderstand, but I thought one of the reasons for the
Modularization of XHTML 1.0 Recommendation is to facilitate extending
XHTML like this.

> The XHTML forms module should probably be updated and a new
> specification should be created. But then, the modularization was never
> supported anyway.

IMHO the Web Forms 2.0 spec should ideally reuse the DTD and XSD modules
from Modularization of XHTML 1.0, combined with new Web Forms 2.0
modules, to create a DTD and XSD without too much effort.  :o)

Regards,

Dave