[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 (WD 16 June 2004): DOCTYPEs

Anne van Kesteren (fora) fora at annevankesteren.nl
Thu Jun 17 10:15:19 PDT 2004

> If I may I'd like to suggest the following public identifiers instead:
>
>     "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML 4.01 plus Web Forms 2.0//EN"
>
>     "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional plus Web Forms 2.0//EN"
>
>     "-//WHATWG//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus Web Forms 2.0//EN"

It extends XHTML 1.0 as well. Since XHTML 1.1 is based on the
modularization, I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to extend it in
this way. The XHTML forms module should probably be updated and a new
specification should be created. But then, the modularization was never
supported anyway.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>