[whatwg] repetition model

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Jun 24 09:46:01 PDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>>> yes, what does XHTML have do to with having namespaces in HTML
>>> documents?  text/html also allows anything that is tag soup.
>>
>> XForms is not tag soup, though.
>
> It's just as much tag-soup as XHTML or WF2 (when sent as text/html)

When sent as text/html, it is tag soup, and not XForms.

> IE supports "namespaces" in HTML, it not only supports them, it
> documents how to use them.

Those "namespaces" have nothing to do with XML namespaces as defined by
W3C, since XML namespaces only apply to XML according to the Namespaces
in XML spec.

>>> As you've been repeatedly ignoring my comments
>>
>> Don't worry, I will be dealing with all comments in due course.
>
> Remember to catch all the comments, you've missed parts of them [...]

Could you point out the parts I've missed? I did a quick check and
couldn't find any spec comments that I'd omitted. (Some things I replied
to separately, like the required-on-radios thing, but they should all have
been replied to somewhere.)

>> I currently have about 98 outstanding comments to deal with, many of
>> which are yours. I've been going through them in chronological order. I
>> believe I'm currently dealing with comments from last Tuesday or so.
>
> And the ones you missed from before then?  (answering only half a
> posting)

Please repost them, pointing out that I missed them.