[whatwg] repetition model

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jun 25 15:22:37 PDT 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, at 2:53 PM, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:

>  If the template replication just
> added dots, any author with an existing PHP backend would have to
> rewrite a lot of his old scripts to use the repetition model at all.

Won't they have to be rewritten anyway?

Being backwards compatible with UAs is a very worthy goal.  Being
backwards compatible with every feature of every system used on the
server side is unrealistic.  The server side is going to have to change
to take advantage of WF2, no matter what we do.  It's unlikely that
many old applications will be modified to use it, anyway.  It's much
more likely to be used for new development.

Avi