[whatwg] Repetition model changes

Anne van Kesteren (fora) fora at annevankesteren.nl
Sat Jun 26 15:33:45 PDT 2004

> Ok I took in all the feedback you've all been sending (thanks!) and made
> the following changes to make the repetition model degrade more
> gracefully:

Great changes. Especially the removed, unsemantic, not necessary element
and the added 'repeat-min' and 'repeat-max' attributes.

> 5. I haven't changed the [id] replacement thing. None of the other
> proposals (autoname, appending numbers, appending numbers and dots, using
> just the order of the controls, using strings that are unlikely to match
> real content, etc) solved all the other use cases, IMHO. If you think I
> missed a suggestion for replacing [id] let me know.

This bugs me a bit, but validating documents delivered as
application/*+xml isn't really necessary anyway.

> I think that's it. Please send in your comments on the new proposal!

Would it be possible to enable syntax highlighting for the examples,
just as you have done on your weblog a couple of times? I think it might
make the examples easier to read.

It might make sense to add 'overflow:auto' to PRE elements so people
won't get a horizontal scrollbar for the *entire* specification, just
for the examples and other constructs which benefit from this.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>