[whatwg] unclear example

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Jun 30 12:56:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Mark Schenk wrote:

> In section 2.1 an example is given of the newly introduced attributes,
> which has me confused a bit. It concerns the following lines: [...]

Oops. Those should all be in th elong format. Fixed.

(Although maybe we should allow the shorter format? I keep going back and
forth on this. Now that the format is defined in the spec, it would be
easier to allow trimming of seconds and milliseconds.)

> Or should I look for the answer in the line "All the numbers must be in
> base ten and zero-padded if necessary." so that the UA should take 8:00
> and add zeros to it to get the official format?

No, that's talking about the format, not the interpretation of the format.