[whatwg] Questions: IE 6 Compatibility, HTML 5, Spec Timeframe, and Implementation Timeframe

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:56:59 PDT 2005

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Brad Neuberg wrote:
>    Example:
>
>     * a 3D context for <canvas> is probably not something we can
>       realisticly expect to see implemented in IE using JS, but it's
>       still something we've had demand for and thus something we'll
>       likely be working on.

A 3D canvas is just, if not more implementable than a 2D one.  Once
again, rather than invent strange new things which then make us need
to add shims to make it work in IE, why not take the existing
massively supported on hundreds of millions of desktops and use that?

> (<canvas> for example is something we've heard a lot of demand for
> from people wanting to write games and the like),

Could you provide more details?  Surely Flash meets all the use cases
for games developers, what's missing?
> Web Forms 2 is basically done and will be going to Call For
> Implementations shortly.

When will we see a last call for comments?

Jim.