[whatwg] [wf2] list and datalist

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Dec 12 18:13:04 PST 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> 1. There is no "datalist DOM attribute". (See 7.9. Additions specific to the
> HTMLInputElement  interface.)

Oops fixed.

> 2. "value content attribute". Shouldn't that be "value attribute". Or
> shouldn't "value" be selected when it is dynamically set? (See 2.12. The
> datalist element and the list attribute.)

It's not really clear to me what the value DOM attribute on
HTMLOptionElement is actually supposed to do. Hence the current
definition.

> 3. "The selected attribute and the form, selected,". I suggest to drop
> the second "selected" or is this one of those cases were you want to be
> extra explicit without it actually being necessary?

Added "content" after the first "selected". It's mostly a case of being
extra explicit without it actually being necessary, as you put it. (Most
conformance criteria of the nature "must not have an effect" are like
that, really.)