[whatwg] drawing API

Stuart Parmenter stuartp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:16:14 PST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:48:32 -0500, Oliver Steele
<steele at laszlosystems.com> wrote:
> How about using a single variadic curveTo() method?:
>    void curveTo(in float cpx, in float cpy, in float x, in float y); //
> quadratic bezier
>    void curveTo(in float cp1x, in float cp1y, in float cp2x, in float
> cp2y, in float x, in float y); // cubic bezier
> A JavaScript implementation of curveTo could distinguish these based on
> the value of arguments.length.

Using varargs should be avoided in IDL if possible as it is a language
specific feature.  There are also people shipping with the above API
so I'd prefer to not see it change.  Cubic may have been a better name
than bezier for it, but I think it is minor.

stuart