[whatwg] ContextAgnosticXmlHttpRequest: an informal RFC

Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen hallvors at online.no
Wed Mar 9 09:05:00 PST 2005

On 8 Mar 2005 at 19:09, Chris Holland wrote:

> How about requiring from a service that it sets an extra HTTP header
> to offer its content to "foreign" hosts:

I think that's a neat idea (and I was about to post something
similar). Perhaps we can simply extend the XMLHttpRequest
functionality saying that the UA should do a HEAD request and check
for this header before throwing an exception if a cross-domain
connection is attempted?
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
http://www.hallvord.com/