[whatwg] Repetition Model

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:01:28 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:53:54 +0000, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
> Olav Junker Kjær wrote:
> I've been working on perfecting this technique. There is a way to
> disable it once each element has been checked.

There is?  See the clj thread I quoted elsewhere, whilst it's possible
it's not immediately after the element has been checked.

> It is still an acceptable compromise to require the author to attach
> this behavior.

I don't agree with this at all, we want an abstraction layer, we don't
want authors having to do anything, we also want this to be
implementable in a plugin in IE, not just in author provided scripts.

> bearing in mind the complexity of the repetition model, the author
> should be able to manage the CSS quite easily...

There's not many script authors who can author the repetition model in
behaviours etc. in a good way, and their not the audience of people
who are looking for these simple WF2 solutions, rather than scirpting
it up themselves.

Cheers,

Jim.