[whatwg] ContextAgnosticXmlHttpRequest: an informal RFC

Chris Holland frenchy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:12:03 PST 2005

you mean in the GET request URI? :) or POST with XML payload, like the
eBay XML (non-REST) API.

But yeah, it also comes down to use cases and how badly we actually
would *need* cookie support. For any kind of heavily transactional
application that requires some sort of state persistence, we're more
likely to be hitting our own host.

Keeping in mind that state can also be persisted without even
resorting to cookies: get a token back in the xml response, snag it
via the dom, and send it back in the next GET request.

-c

--
Chris Holland
http://chrisholland.blogspot.com/