[whatwg] rel/rev for <form> ?

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Sat Nov 5 06:02:19 PST 2005

Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> The "rel" and "rev" attribute are very useful for adding semantics to
> both the anchor element -- <a> -- and the link element -- <link>.
>
> I'd like to suggest that form element -- <form> -- get both "rel" and
> "rev" attributes.

After reading through all the messages in this thread so far, I don't
think rel and rev are really what you're looking for.  Those attributes
specify relationships between resources the resources identified by the
form is merely a form processor of some kind and that's not really
interesting at all.

What is interesting, however, is the purpose of the form: such as
indicating that it's a search form, a login form, comment form or
whatever else, and for that rel and rev are not appropriate for use on
the form itself.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/