[whatwg] rel/rev for <form> ?

ROBO Design robodesign at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 06:51:12 PST 2005

Hello!

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:02:19 +0200, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:

> Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
<...>

> After reading through all the messages in this thread so far, I don't
> think rel and rev are really what you're looking for.  Those attributes
> specify relationships between resources the resources identified by the
> form is merely a form processor of some kind and that's not really
> interesting at all.

Exactly. Those attributes specify relationships between resources, and the
resources identified by <form>s are not at all interesting. They are just
form processors.

> What is interesting, however, is the purpose of the form: such as
> indicating that it's a search form, a login form, comment form or
> whatever else, and for that rel and rev are not appropriate for use on
> the form itself.

True. For this, something else is needed, something more complex and
better suited. Yet, Ian should take into consideration what has been
discussed in this thread, because web applications can benefit from the
ability of defining the purpose of the forms (search, comment posting,
login, etc).

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future