[whatwg] <a href="" ping="">

Jasper Bryant-Greene jasper at album.co.nz
Sat Oct 22 17:20:11 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 16:33 -0700, S. Mike Dierken wrote:

> > > Since this is effectively capturing where the user's attention is
> > > being spent (the click event I mean), should you also define the other
> > > set of events of interest as well?
> > > on-hover-notify="myattention.org/dierken"
> >
> > I realise this is hypothetical, but on-hover-notify would
> > cause a *lot* of network traffic. Probably more than most
> > server admins would like.
> Well, the client would only need to send one. Transferring state only needs
> to happen once - I'm assuming a UI event isn't what the website operator is
> interested in.

I would posit that most users hover over a lot of links before they
decide which one is most enticing to them. I am also interested to hear
of a use case for this feature?

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
General Manager

e: jasper at album.co.nz
w: http://www.album.co.nz/
p: 0800 4 ALBUM (0800 425 286) or +64 21 232 3303
a: PO Box 579, Christchurch 8015, New Zealand