[whatwg] <a href="" ping="">

ROBO Design robodesign at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:19:44 PDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:43:36 +0300, Charles Iliya Krempeaux
<supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 10/22/05, Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper at album.co.nz> wrote:
<...>

> The HTTP "HEAD" method really doesn't give you the semantics of what
> you are trying to do.
>
> "POST" would be better than "HEAD" IMO, since it conveys semantics
> more closely to what we mean.  However, I don't really like "POST"
> since it allows for all kinds of "social hacking".  IMO, using a new
> HTTP method would probably be better.  Maybe "PING".

Ian Hickson proposed to use POST. I agree with him. You want the WA 1.0 to
modify HTTP? That would be a 'me too' approach. Whenever you want
something just add a new HTTP method, whatever. WA 1.0 would force UAs to
use HTTP in a non-standard way.

I'd say keep it as it is.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro