[whatwg] scrolling

Neil Deakin enndeakin at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 28 19:25:16 PST 2006

Right now there isn't any specification for retrieving or modifying the
scroll position of a scrollable area. There's a brief mention of the
scroll* properties as part of the CSS object model draft [1] but I'm not
sure if the css wg is the right place for that work, or whether this
would better be part of the Web Applications spec either current or
future. Regardless, I've written a proposal at [2] for how the scroll*
properties could work as well as notes about how existing browsers
handle them. Thoughts?

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/csswg/cssom/Overview.src.html
[2] http://xulplanet.com/ndeakin/xul/specs/scrollspec.html

Neil