[whatwg] Splitting the spec

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Thu Dec 7 19:55:37 PST 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:55:32 +0600, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

>> P.S. Any chance of splitting
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/ into multiple files?
>> It overwhelms IE7 so much as to be practically unusable (Yes I have
>> FireFox, but it's not my default browser.)

> It will be split in due course, but not while it's actively developed, as
> that would be a significant increase in development cost.

I guess you use some XSLT or another kind of preprocessing to generate the HTML spec from some source. Maybe it's possible to leave the source as a single file while splitting the spec section-wise at the preprocessing stage?

It could even generate two versions synchronously: "all in one file" and "section-wise".