[whatwg] <reset> element?

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Fri Dec 15 17:30:16 PST 2006

Dean Edwards wrote:
> So I'm suggesting a new element: <reset>
>
> This element is in the document flow as normal except that it acts as a
> blank canvas as far as CSS is concerned. Ideally, it should have no
> style at all.

This is definitely a styling issue, not an HTML issue.  Other than using
XBL, the 'initial' value from CSS3 Values and Units [1] might help solve
part of your problem as well.  The value can be used to reset individual
properties to their initial value so they are not inherited.  If neither
XBL nor 'initial' solve your problem, you should take your use case over
to www-style.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#keywords

--
Lachlan Hunt