[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Sun Dec 31 18:53:32 PST 2006

Le 31 déc. 2006 à 21:39, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:28:44 +0100, Elliotte Harold
> <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
>> I know the Web has a real problem with source citation,
>> plagiarism, and giving credit where credit is due. However
>> removing one of the real tools we have to support appropriate
>> citation is not going in the right direction.
>
> You apparently didn't read the part of my proposal of moving the
> information cite="" gives to a more visual place. (I think I also
> mentioned allowing both if there was a real need for cite="".)

It is useful and usable
http://www.blog-and-blues.org/weblog/2004/08/24/284-attribut-cite-
pseudo-lien
http://simonwillison.net/2002/Dec/20/blockquoteCitations/
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/structural-markup-javascript
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200411/
quotations_and_citations_quoting_text/

It doesn't need always to be visual as well. plus the fact that the
cite can be things like

	cite="urn:isbn:0671892584"

And it is used on the Web, at least on my personal web site. The Web
is not only about browsers.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***