[whatwg] [wf2] changing the size DOM attribute of <select>

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Sat Feb 11 03:59:29 PST 2006

Quoting Jim Ley <jim.ley at gmail.com>:
> On 2/11/06, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
>> Quoting Jim Ley <jim.ley at gmail.com>:
>>> I simply don't see the value in standardising the error behaviour here.
>>
>> Just setting it to 1, which is an appropriate value, does not give
>> interoperable
>> behavior either. (The selected option is not the same.)
>
> D you mean the bug in Opera 9 that means changing the size of the
> select selects an entry?  Surely that's just a bug in Opera 9 preview
> (but not 8.5), changing the size should have no effect on what's
> selected.

I agree (with the part after the comma of the last sentence). Given that per
<http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#select-check-default> the
option should be selected, it should remain selected when changing some factor
that has nothing to do with that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>