[whatwg] Should ID be required for <DFN>?

Eugene T.S. Wong lists.eugenetswong at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:41:23 PST 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:55:43 -0800, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:

> I'm confused.  The subject of this thread you started is "Should ID be
> required for <DFN>?", yet now when a suggestion requires the use of an
> ID, you point out holes in it by trying to show that the required use of
> an ID has problems.

I don't know. I left my computer off for a few days, because I was getting
steamed, plus I was getting distracted by other problems. Now that I have
come back and taken a look, I honestly can't remember why I asked.

I think that I was trying to be honest with the short comings of my own
ideas. Since I was able to bounce the ideas off of you, I was able to get
a clearer picture. I know that I've thought about this a lot, but I
couldn't quite get a clear view of the problem. Now that we've discussed
it, I think that I know and understand.

--
Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong